Birth Doula Certification
Fulfill Your Calling as a Christian Birth Doula!
“the women who stood by her said to her, “Fear not for you have borne a son”
1 Samuel 4:20
nāṣaḇ – to station oneself, to stand, to be set over, appointed
Do you feel called to support women in the birth space as a doula? In 1 Samuel 4:20, we see a special group of women (nasab) present at the labor of Phineas’ wife. The usual term for midwife (yalad) is absent here. Instead we see women as birth companions, appointed to serve, support and comfort during childbirth.
In light of this truth, The Biblical Birth School is proud to offer APPOINTED Birth Doula Certification Program. APPOINTED Birth Doula Certification Program follows and includes FOUNDATIONS Childbirth Educator Certification Program and builds on its comprehensive teachings with trauma informed, industry leading training. At the end of the training, students will be both a certified Childbirth Educator and Birth Doula.
The Biblical Birth School Childbirth Educator and Birth Doula Certification Programs are self-paced and on demand. Begin when you’re ready! Students have 24 months of access from the date of enrollment to complete all requirements in APPOINTED Birth Doula Certification Program.
Faith Based, Trauma Informed Training
Get equipped with 8 modules of gospel-centered, trauma informed and evidence based training for birth doulas! APPOINTED Birth Doula Certification Program includes essential lessons on legal considerations for doulas, blood borne pathogen training, hands on skills, communication how-tos, deescalating fear in a laboring mother, prenatal appointments, your doula bag and so much more! You’ll also get the Doula Start-Up Kit which includes ready to go contracts for you to use with clients!
Students have 24 months from the date of enrollment to complete certification requirements. To become a dual certified Birth Doula and Childbirth Educator through The Biblical Birth School, students must:
- 18+ years of age
- Enroll in APPOINTED Birth Doula Certification Program (This includes FOUNDATIONS Childbirth Educator Certification modules)
- Watch all videos in both FOUNDATIONS and APPOINTED modules
- Read (4) books from the Required Reading List and submit 1-page reflection on each
- Complete the open book multiple choice test with a passing grade
- Attend (1) birth (virtual or in person) and submit form
- Complete a Blood Borne Pathogen training and quiz (this training is included)
- Submit a Community Resource List
- Sign The Biblical Birth School Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith
What is a Birth Doula?
A birth doula is a non-medical birth professional who provides emotional and physical support to a woman in labor. A birth doula also provides education prenatally and supports self-advocacy in the birth space.
Birth doulas certified with The Biblical Birth School uphold these core competencies:
– Embrace God’s truth found in the Bible
– Value life from conception to last breath
– Work within a family-centered model of care
– Practice compassionate trauma-informed care
– Strive for excellence and professionalism
– Foster cooperation in the birth space